The following message from AMSA’s president was passed on to me. If you are an AMSA member then I encourage you to go if you have the means and take advantage of what AMSA has to offer.
Hi St. James SOM AMSA Members,
I was looking at the American Medical Student Association (AMSA) convention registration and noticed that there are ZERO students coming from St. James SOM to convention this year. I know that some of you are on the island and can’t come, but some of you are in Chicago. (even if you are in Chicago the discount (below) still applies to you!!!!)
We value our international members and so this year we are offering an AMAZING deal: International Members are only $149 (more than $120 discount from the current rate!!!) and international non-members are $215. When registering use code (case sensitive): AMSAINTL
But this only lasts until February 9th, so you have to register ASAP! This year’s convention programming is fantastic (and really is complementary your medical education).
I am proud to offer you the following opportunities at Convention:
- Diverse speaker sessions that include world renowned thought leaders.
- 7 educational tracks with over 60 sessions designed specifically for the future physician.
- Small classroom clinical skill sessions with topics such as casting, suturing, airway management, and manual vacuum aspiration.
- Mock one on one interview sessions geared to prepare you for the next step in your training.
- An international community of future physician peers including residents and practicing physician mentors.
- National leadership positions so you can lead the future of medicine.
- Access to the House of Delegates and influence the direction of AMSA as your chapter representative.
- To review all of the current programming or more information, please visit amsa.org/conv
We want to remove all barriers to your school’s participation. What do you think is the biggest barrier to your chapter not participating?
Please let me know if there is anything I or the AMSA staff can do to help! We want your representation at convention this year!
Nida F. Degesys, MD
American Medical Student Association
45610 Woodland Rd
Sterling, VA 20166
Join Us in New Orleans for
AMSA’s 2014 Annual Convention!
March 6-9, 2014